Health & Safety
Health & Safety is Open’s number one priority. We make sure that everything we do complies with the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974, including all regulations and codes of practices that relate to it.
Our Health & Safety Policy Statement
It’s Open’s policy to ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, including all regulations and codes of practices that relate to it. At all times we aim to:
- Ensure adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Consult with employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- Provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- Ensure the safe handling and use of substances
- Provide information, instruction, and supervision for employees
- Ensure all employees are competent to do their job and give them adequate training
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health
- Maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of employees and others who may be affected by Open’s activities
- Review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.
The Director – Peter Smith – is responsible for ensuring the overall effectiveness and implementation of this policy. With the management team, he is responsible for implementing and monitoring this policy throughout the company, ensuring health and safety issues are always given priority before and during every project.
Open ensures that adequate resource is given for the provision of appropriate health and safety advice, equipment, facilities, and training; ensuring that everyone can work safely.
In line with the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations, Open takes a risk assessment approach to its work. Where hazards are identified, we will evaluate and control any risk and communicate these to everyone involved in or affected by our work.
This policy and associated procedures are formally reviewed every year. Other changes may be implemented at other times as required by legislative and work practice changes.